Entry Exit in Wuhan
Procedures of Claiming Provisional Residential Certificates for Hong Kong, Macau Residents and Overseas Chinese
Article 197. Hong Kong, Macau residents and overseas Chinese with more than three-month’s residence in Wuhan shall claim a provisional residential certificate.
I. Submit and testify valid entry certificates and answer relevant questions;
II. Submit three bareheaded near photos (2-inch)
III. Other files/documentation required:
1. Those living with relatives or friends shall submit their permanent residence booklet and the identifications by local police station.
2. Lessees shall submit the housing certificate, renting agreement and the security license for house renting.
3. House owners shall submit the real estate certificates
4. Investors shall submit administrative business license duplicate and a board member list or the recruiting certificate; foreign enterprises shall submit company regulations.
5. Students and teachers shall submit the entrance notice, documents of provincial education department and working certificates.
Article 198. Procedures for Hong Kong, Macau residents and overseas Chinese to reclaim the pass after its loss
Hong Kong, Macau residents and overseas Chinese who lost pass or provisional residential certificate in Wuhan after entry shall report and apply for reclaiming:
I. Submit ID certificates and documents of host organizations;
II. Submit a lost property certificate by local public security agency;
III. Submit two bareheaded near photos (2-inch);
IV. Public announce in Changjiang Daily about the invalidity of original certificates with lost property report issued by entry administrative department of public security bureau.
V. Reclaim a disposable pass with the report above in provincial security department; the provisional residential certificate is reissued by the entry administrative department of municipal security bureau.
Article 199. Time for services
All procedures of claiming and reclaiming are to be finished within 5 days after the security organ’s acceptance.
Taiwan residents entering and exiting Chinese mainland
Clause 200: Extension of entry comment
When Taiwan residents can not leave in time due to having matters not completed after coming to Chinese mainland, and need to extend the comment, they should provide the following related information to the application:
(I) As to those visiting the relatives, treating the illness and handling the marriage, provide certification by the police sub-station having authority for the relative or hospital certification funeral ,
(II) As to those conducting economic, scientific and technical, cultural, educational and academic exchanges, provide the certification from the correspondent reception institutions or organizations of Chinese mainland;
(III) Investment owner shall provide valid business license copy and application of the unit for the certificate;
(IV) As to those extension applicators of other situation, provide certification of the reception unit.
After the visa holder entering mainland for one time, can apply for stay extension twice, validity of every time may not exceed one month, as to those for treating illness, visiting relatives or other special reasons, can apply for 3 month every time.
Clause 201: Writing comments on the temporary stay and multiple time exit
When Taiwan residents apply for temporary stay and multi-entry and exit comments, shall submit Pass for “Taiwan Residents Traveling to Chinese Mainland” for check, and submit health certificate (no health certificate for those less than 6 years old and over 70 years old, the unit application report, one recent bareheaded 2-inch registration photo.
(I) The following Taiwan residents can handle one year valid temporary stay and multi-entry and exit comments;
1. Taiwan residents who are studying in colleges in our city can show the admission approval by the provincial Department of Education and certificate of the college as evidence;
2. Children under 16 years old who are living in relatives in Wuhan shall show the letter of attorney for the adoption, the letter of guarantee for the adoption notarized by public notarial organs above city level, permanent residence certificate for mainland guardian and certificate from the adoption police station as evidence;
3. The spouse of residents of this city and the children will show the residence booklet, certificate of marriage and certificate for the relation relations;
4. Employees and the spouse and children in the permanent station organs of foreign businessmen will show the registration certificate at industrial and commercial business and the labor employment certificate;
5. Taiwan-invested enterprise owner, senior managerial personnel (i.e. chairman, vice chairman, general manager, deputy general manager, the same in the following), the spouse and children in Wuhan with registered capital of less than 5 million yuan will show the copy of business license as evidence, and managerial personnel at middle level and general working staffs and the spouse and children will show the entry-exit section certification of the police sub-bureau where the enterprise is located as evidence(except the fixed contact enterprise)
(II) As to those Taiwan residents having bought the housing property in Wuhan, can go through 2-year temporary stay comments and multi-entry and exit comments with certification of the housing property right and certificate of local police substation.
(III) Taiwan-invested enterprise owner, senior managerial personnel, the spouse and children in Wuhan with registered capital of over 5 million yuan will show the copy of business license as evidence for going through 2-year valid temporary stay comments and multi-entry and exit comments.
(IV) Taiwan-invested enterprise owner, senior managerial personnel and the spouse and relatives with registered capital of over USD 5 million or tax paying amount of last year reaching 500,000 yuan, will go through 5-year valid temporary comments and multi-entry and exit comments with the business license copy or the enterprise tax paying certification of last year; The main technical personnel, managerial personnel at middle level and the spouse and children will go through 3-year valid temporary stay comments and multi-entry and exit comments with above mentioned certification and employment certification, labor employment certificate; The general working staffs and the spouse and the children will go through 2-year valid temporary stay comments and multi-entry and exit comments with tax paying certification of the last year and labor employment certificate;
(V) Representatives, the spouse and children of the permanent institutions in Wuhan of Taiwan invested enterprises will go through 5-year valid temporary comments and multi-entry and exit comments with industrial and commercial registration certificate and Representative certificate.
Clause 2002: After coming to mainland, Taiwan residents with one of the following cases needs to go to foreign countries, can apply for Common Passport of the People’s Republic of China.
(I) As to personnel who have established the enterprise need to go to foreign countries due to economic activities or need of business, or those in Chinese mainland for studying with the master need to go to abroad with the master;
(II) Members of participating in touring party in Chinese mainland;
(III) Personnel need to be taken care of by related organs due to the need of work concerning Taiwan.
Above said personnel can take related ID certification, entry-exit mainland touring certification and related certification to apply at the local city and county public police bureau entry-exit office, if approved, the public police organs entry-exit office will issue common passport for private business. Taiwan residents can directly apply to go through entry visa for foreign countries at representative organs and consulate organs of foreign countries in China. After the entry proceedings of foreign countries have been completed, can directly go to foreign countries from Chinese mainland.
Clause 2003 Settle down in Chinese mainland
Taiwan residents conforming to one of the following cases, can apply to settle down in Wuhan at Wuhan Police Bureau Entry-Exit Office:
(I) Only oneself in Taiwan without anyone to support, and in our city, has parents, the spouse (need to conform to the stipulation of article (II), children and direct relatives, the relative is able for support and guarantee to support, the living expenses and house etc can serve by oneself.
(II) Taiwan residents who have got married for over 3 years (including 3 years) with residents of Wuhan and their non-adult children.
(III) Investors whose investment amount in Wuhan reaches 15 million yuan or annual tax paying amount reaches more than 1.5 million yuan and the spouse and non-adult children.Taiwan residents apply to settle down in Wuhan need to go through the following procedures and submit correspondent certification information:
(I) Faithfully fill in the application sheet in detail with clear handwriting.
(II) Submit the written application for settling down in Wuhan. If handled by trusting the relative, also need to submit letter of attorney in writing;
(III) Hand over and check the valid 《Pass for Taiwan Residents Entry-Exit Chinese Mainland》, and submit the copy;
(IV) 2 recent taken full-face photo without hat (black and white or color), with individual name on the back of the photo;
(V) Provide the residence certification of Taiwan area notarized by Taiwan notary organs and valid Taiwan ID card (front and back) and entry-exit certification copy (copy needs to be clear);
(VI) Provide valid health certificate for over 6 months issued and conformed by Chinese entry-exit inspection and quarantine institutions;
(VII) Submit related certification to the reason of application:
1. Anyone wants to stay with direct relatives, needs to provide certification for therelative relationship with relatives in Wuhan notarized by notary office and certification for Wuhan relatives having capacity to support and guarantee for the support, at the same time, hand over and check resident ID card and residence booklet of this relative and submit the copy.
2. If the couple to reunite, need to hand over and check certificate of marriage issued by civil affair organs, and submit the copy, or the marriage case certification notarized by Taiwan public notary office. The non-adult children will submit birth certificate and notary certification for the relative relationship (Taiwan or Mainland).
3. Anyone comes to Wuhan for investment, need hand over and check the related certification for business volume, and tax paying amount of the last year or this year of the enterprise or the import and export amount, and submit the copy.
4. Other certifications needed by public police organs.
From the day of acceptance by the public police organs, within 60 days, give the decision of approval or not approval, and notify the applicator.
Clause 2004 Taiwan residents applying to Chinese mainland with one of the following cases will not be approved:
(I) The personnel are considered to have criminal acts;
(II) The personnel are considered possibly harming the national security, interest and other activities after coming to the mainland; (III) The personnel have forging case and provide false certification and cheating acts;
(IV) The personnel have mental problems or severe infectious disease carriers, except for treating the illness or other special reason can be approved for entry.
Clause 2005 Application for entry after losing Taiwan residents entry-exit certificates is the same to application after losing Taiwan and Macau residents entry-exit certificate.
Clause 2006 Time limit of work
Extension for Taiwan residents entry comments, temporary stay comments, multi-entry-exit comments will be generally handled within 5 working days after accepted by the public security organs.
Foreigners residence, visa and entry-exit certificates
Clause 218 Foreigners residence certificates
Foreigners with D,Z,X and J-a visa and exempt from the visa intend to stay for over 30 days shall apply to go through residence certificates at the city public security bureau entry-exit office within 30 days after the entry and provide the following information:
(I) Hand over and check valid passport, visa and reply related problems being inquired;
(II) Provide 2 recently taken 2 inch half-length, bareheaded, full-faced photo;
(III) As to those residing for over 1 year (foreign students and relative for accompanying the study for over 6 months), need to provide health certification;
(IV) Provide certification related to residence matters:
1. As to those settling down, provide foreigner residence conformation sheet;
2. As to those for study, provide admission notification, JW201 sheet or JW202 sheet and the school certification;
3. As to representative and relatives of the permanent organs, provide registration certificate of the industrial and commercial bureau, representative certificate, labor employment certificate and the unit application for the certificate;
4. Investors and relatives of Sino-foreign invested enterprise shall provide the approval certificate, industrial and commercial business license duplicate and unit application for the certificate; Employees and relatives shall also provide employment certification and labor employment card; And economic and technical experts shall provide the expert card;
5. Cultural and educational experts provide approval sheet, expert card and unit application for the certification.
In addition, foreign spouses of Wuhan residents with L visa after staying for 2 years and applying to continuous extension, if can provide non-criminal record, housing, marriage, economic source certification and certificate from the local police sub-station, can go through temporary residence card for foreigners.
Clause 219 Extension of foreigner residence certificates
As to foreigners with residence certificates, the valid date shall expire soon, but needto stay in Wuhan due to having uncompleted matters, shall apply to extend the validity at the city public security bureau entry-exit office before the expiry of the residence certificate, and provide the following information:
(I) Hand over and check valid passport and residence certificates;
(II) Provide certification related to the extension matters:
1. Foreign students provide certification from the school;
2. Representative and relatives of the permanent organs provide registration certificate of the industrial and commercial bureau, representative card, labor employment card and unit application for the certification;
3. Investors and relatives of Sino-foreign invested enterprise shall provide theapproval certificate, industrial and commercial business license duplicate and unit application for the certification; Employees shall also provide labor employment card; And economic and technical experts shall provide the expert card;
4. The adopted children of foreign countries shall provide letter of attorney or notarization and certification from local police sub-station of the domestic guardian;
5. Foreign spouse of Wuhan residents provide certification from the local police sub-station.
Foreigners with residence certificates, during their stay in Wuhan, need to leave the mainland and will return to China, shall apply for the reentry visa at the city public security bureau entry-exit office before the leaving.
Cultural and educational experts, scientific and technical experts, representative of permanent organs, foreigners and the relatives in Sino-foreign invested enterprises may apply for one time, two time and multi-reentry visa; Foreign students may apply for onetime or two time reentry visa; And the adopted children may apply for one time reentry visa, foreigners with permanent residence qualification may apply for multi-reentry visa valid for 1-5 years. Validity of the reentry visa may not exceed the validity of the passport.
Applicators shall provide the following information upon handling reentry visa:
(I) Individual valid passport and residence certificates;
(II) Certification from the unit or the school;
(III) Adopted children provide local police sub-station evidence of domestic guardian.
Clause 221 Extension of visa
As to foreigners with LF visa, after the entry, the valid date shall expire soon, but need to stay in Wuhan due to having uncompleted matters, shall apply to extend the validity at the city public security bureau entry-exit office before the expiry of the visa:
(I) As to those with F visa, provide official letters from the reception unit;
(II) As to those with L visa shall handle according to the following requirements:
1. As to those touring to China with reception unit, provide official letter from the reception unit. As to those without reception unit, provide economic certificate for guaranteeing expenses in China (cash, traveler’s check, draft documents, calculated based on USD100 per day), certificates of residence police sub-station or accommodation hotel, may extend once, the maximum period may not exceed one month.
2. Visitor for relatives in China (visit the parents, children and full brothers and sisters) provide relative’s residence booklet, resident ID card copy and certificate From residence police sub-station, may extend for two times, but maximum period may not exceed 3 months for each time.
3. Foreign spouses of Chinese citizen provide marriage certificate and residence booklet of the Chinese spouse, residence ID card copy and residence police sub-station. May extend 3 times in the first years, maximum extension each time may not exceed 3 months. If continuously apply for extension after staying in China for 1 year, if having no criminal record through notarization of the notary office, with housing, stable marriage and justified economic source, may continuously extend 2 times, maximum extension of each time may not exceed 6 months.
4. Overseas Chinese over 60 years old with housing property in China, provide house property ownership certificate and economic source certificate (draft and deposit book etc) and certificate from the residence police sub-station, may extend 3 times, maximum extension of each time may not exceed 3 months. If anyone applies to extend after staying in China for 1 year, and has housing property ownership notarized by public notary office, with stable economic source, without criminal record, may go through the extension procedures, maximum extension of each time may not exceed 6 months; As to other foreigners having purchased housing property in China apply to extend the visa, the times of extension and time limit have no relationship with having purchased housing or not.
Clause 222 Adoption of foreign children
Children with foreign nationality confirmed by Chinese nationality law upon going through the adoption procedure, provide the following information:
(I) Parents passport and copy of residence certification of the adopted children in foreign countries;
(II) Adoption letter of attorney of the adopted children’s parents in our embassy and consulate, describing the reason of adoption, adoption time limit, appointed adoption guardian as well as resume of the adopted children’s parents (include nationality, occupation, identification, when and why going abroad, when obtaining residence right of the country, when joining in foreign nationality) etc.
(III) Birth certificate for the adopted children;
(IV) Letter of guarantee or letter of attorney handled by domestic guardian at the city notary office;
(V) Valid passport and visa of the adopted children;
(VI) Two 2-inch full-faced, bareheaded photos of the adopted children;
Clause 223 Foreigners travel certificates
If foreigners travel to a city or county not open to foreigners, shall apply the travel certificate first at the city or county public security bureau, and may go to these places only after the approval. The following procedures shall be done for applying the travel certificate:
(I) Hand over and check passport or residence certificate:
(II) Provide certificate related to the travel matter;
(III) Fill in the travel application form.
After foreigners receiving the travel certificate, if they want to extend the validity and increase the travel places and the number of travelers for the non-open areas to foreigners, must apply to extend or modify at the city and county public security bureau.
Clause 224 Reapplication for entry-exit certificate of foreigners after the loss
After foreigners entry, if residence certificate, travel certificate and others lost in Wuhan, shall go through the loss report procedure, and can reapply for another related entry-exit certificate:
(I) Provide certificate for proving applicant’s identification and the certificate of reception unit;
(II) Provide the loss certificate issued by public security organs where the certificates lost.
(III) Provide two recently taken 2-inch bareheaded photos;
(IV) As to those having lost the residence certificate, take certificate issued by city public security bureau entry-exit office and state to be nullified at Changjiang Daily;
(V) As to those lost foreign passport, apply to obtain the new one at the embassy or consulate of the home country with the loss certificate issued by the city public security bureau entry-exit office. As to those lost the residence certificate, the city public security bureau entry-exit office shall newly issue one.
Clause 225 Rejected entry of the following foreigners
(I) Foreigners who are expulsed by Chinese government or who do not reach the time limit of the entry rejection;
(II) Foreigners are likely to carry out some terrorist activities, violence or subversion after entry.
(III) Foreigners are likely to smuggle, drug traffic or do bawdy activities
(IV) Foreigners who have lunacy, leprosy, AIDS, venereal disease, tuberculosis and other infectious disease.
(V) Foreigners who cannot guarantee for their expenses needed in China.
(VI) Foreigners who are deemed to carry on some other activities harmful to the national security interest after entry.
Clause 226 Rejected exit of the following foreigners
(I) The defendant of the criminal case or the criminal suspect determined by the public security organs or the people's prosecutorial office or the people’s court;
(II) Foreigners who are notified not to leave the country because of unfinished civil case.
(III)Foreigners who have offences of breaking Chinese law and have not been settled or will be investigated through confirmation by related competent organs.
Clause 227 Time limit of work visa of the foreigners are handled by the public security organs within 5 working days after acceptance.